Keblinger

Keblinger

Ladybug Fiber company

| Monday, May 7, 2012

Look what the start of spring had brought our way, Ladybug Fiber!  I myself have been eyeing this yarn company for a while and I was finally able to host this great company for a review.

Meg & Sheri are the fabulous duo behind this spectacular yarn.
Together they hand dye sock yarn specializing in Self Striping, which can be hard to find sometimes. They have recently added Lace weight and hope to expand to other weights soon. It has been an adventure and they can’t wait to see where it takes them next!

For us today, this takes us to a color appropriately named, "Gloaming"


I will say, that I took some time this week in my photography to make sure that I captured just the right lighting on this 'one of a kind color.'  Notice that in the sunlight you see close to 4 or 5 changes in blues.  Then they have thrown in a punch of lime green, aqua and a strip of black.  The coloring alone is worth the yarn purchase.


Fingering / 4 ply
460 yards/ 225 grams
US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm
75% Merino
25% Nylon

"Machine Washable"

The price point on this yarn is right on, $24.00 US.  I really believe that when you a purchasing quality and creativity from a designer, it is worth getting the best.  This yarn is no exception, a great yarn to have at any time.  Just in case you are all ready to run out and purchase this great yarn, you are in luck!
 The next update will be Thursday, May 10th, time TBD.

This yarn is screaming socks, but not just any kind of socks.  Although this is fingering weight yarn, I want to really showcase the color, so...I am knitting my socks on a size US 0 to give my sock fabric a very dense cushion.  Nothing fancy, just letting the color of the yarn do the work for me!

Here is another look that is not in direct sun light to give you another look at this dominating color.

This was resting on my antique bird feeder out back on my dogwood tree.  Again, fantastic color no matter what light it is featured in.

Ready...Set...Stash!!!

Thank you Meg & Sheri for letting me review your yarn!!

Ladybug Fiber Company receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

~Review 2 of 3 this week~

15 comments:

{ Esther } at: May 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM said...

I also noticed the "Opposites attract" colourway on Etsy. Very creative use of colour combinations, all of them, really.

{ Auntea } at: May 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM said...

Such pretty colors.

{ Maya Moonie } at: May 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM said...

I can't wait to see your socks. Will you share them with us here?

{ bellasocks } at: May 8, 2012 at 4:43 AM said...

Love all the colors.. Fab!

{ vicrock } at: May 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM said...

Lovely colors - will be beautiful socks!

{ Katie } at: May 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM said...

I love the colors! I haven't tried their yarn yet but I have browsed the shop and they have some really gorgeous color ways.

{ Emily } at: May 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM said...

These colors are in my favorite range.

{ Mks } at: May 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM said...

Love this yarn...and the name!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 9, 2012 at 3:44 AM said...

Self-striping yarns... YUM!! Many beautiful colors to choose from in her shop but the "Moonlight on the Lake" really caught my eye :)

{ Josephine } at: May 9, 2012 at 5:05 AM said...

Lovely yarn, really liked the color combinations

{ Kathy } at: May 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM said...

Gorgeous. I think you did a great job with the photography. The greens really popped.

{ Shayla } at: May 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM said...

Looks like I've just caught the update. See ya!

{ Geknitics } at: May 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM said...

I've got a couple of skeins of Ladybug Fibers, one self-striping and one not. The colors are just lovely.

{ weaver } at: May 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM said...

The pictures are beautiful, as is the yarn.

{ Oceancat } at: May 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

I'd love to see how the self-stripes come out and the size of the skein would make a really tall pair of striped socks!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews