Keblinger

Keblinger

Dancing Leaf Farm

| Monday, May 7, 2012


.Dancing Leaf Farm is a small sheep farm in the foothills of Sugarloaf Mountain in rural Maryland. Owned and operated by Dalis, a studio/shop is located on the property, filled with spinning and knitting items, hand created jewelry and other gift items.
A ‘spinner’s’ flock, consisting of various sheep breeds, graze the nearby fields.

Dancing Leaf Farm features its own line of hand painted yarns, vibrantly dyed in a rainbow of colors. Deep, rich, saturated colors are her trademark.

Let me show you exactly what is meant by Deep, Rich, Saturated colors!!

HIP HOP

Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
396 yards/99 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
Merino
Cashmere
Nylon
Price: $22.00/US
Smooshy is the only word that I can label this yarn with.  Your feet would go nuts in a pair of socks made form this yarn.  "Color is good for the Spirit!"  Is the wording on the skein band, really it speaks for itself.  Dalis has such range of color in her creations, that when you order from her, make sure you get enough to make the entire project.  That is part of the fun when you are creating with someone else hand painted creation!  Let me give you a closer look at how she hand paints her yarn.  Take a look at how at first glance you see one color pallet and then within the same section, take a deeper look and you will find yet a second layer of coloring.  All of her colors are enchanting.

If you are anything like me, when it comes to something that is a little different than what I am accustom to knitting with, I want to try out what is new to me.  This yarn is just that.  Everyone needs to break out of the norm of color.  You might be a neutral person or strictly blues, what ever the case...take the plunge and try something with an explosion of multiple layered color.



This yarn could be ANYTHING!

Thank you Dalis for letting me review your yarn!!
Dancing Leaf Farm receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of  Dancing Leaf Farm "Hip Hop"
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what you would make using this color pallet of yarn.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 14th.


Remember, I have 3 Reviews this week!!!


28 comments:

{ Jersey Shore Deb } at: May 7, 2012 at 5:11 AM said...

I adore this yarn! I think I would make a shawl--it would be a real show-stopper. I would choose a fairly plain pattern--maybe something with a ruffly edge, like Mara, so that the yarn can be the centerpiece.

{ Knit Ma } at: May 7, 2012 at 6:08 AM said...

So many options! I am thinking of a large cowl.

{ Emily } at: May 7, 2012 at 6:27 AM said...

Definitely a shawl! Beautiful!

{ variegatedlife } at: May 7, 2012 at 6:54 AM said...

Wow, this yarn is eye-catching and just yummy! I'd love to make a mini shawl out of it.

{ Retha } at: May 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM said...

stunning colors! I think I would have to make a cowl out of it since the colors are so fun.

{ Ely } at: May 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM said...

I think something bright for a toddler, either a slip-on dress for a little girl or perhaps a baby surprise jacket.

{ Julie } at: May 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM said...

Wow, I love all the colors in this yarn! I love colorful socks, so this yarn would be perfect.

{ Esther } at: May 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM said...

These colours are so vibrant, I am thinking a garment for my six years old grand daughther. Or maybe something for us both, to match:-)

{ Estella } at: May 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM said...

I think I'd make an Inspira Cowl.

{ stephigordon } at: May 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM said...

Oh my - this is gorgeous!!! I would make a shawl - I am breaking out of my rut and trying to use more colorful yarn - this would be perfect!!! I love that this yarn is created on a true farm, too!!! Lovely!!! Thanks! Stephanie (indigodogmt on Ravelry). OH, I do follow your blog on Google Reader - didn't see where to subscribe to it in the actual blog... ( :

{ Sheila } at: May 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM said...

I'd make a cowl with some type of simple texture stitch to help show off the colors.

{ Kyle and Mandy } at: May 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM said...

I would make the Vittorio shawl or another shawl that worked well with the high level of variegation. Gorgeous colors!

{ ashley_mann } at: May 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM said...

So pretty! I'd probably make socks...or maybe a small, scarfy clapotis.

{ wooliegirl } at: May 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM said...

It would either be socks for ME or a wingspan (since I love everyone I have seen posted on Ravelry), but defintely something for me, me, me

{ ohsusanna! } at: May 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM said...

This is soooo gorgeous. I would with make a luscious pair OD socks or a summer flies scarf/shawl! Love it!

{ annachis07 } at: May 7, 2012 at 8:15 PM said...

Socks for sure!!

{ Maya Moonie } at: May 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM said...

This yarn just screams out that it wants to be a Hitchhiker by Martina Behm. I would wear it with pride!

{ Joyatee } at: May 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM said...

I'd love something fun for my feet. Simple slipped stitches would be perfect to show off the colors.

{ vicrock } at: May 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM said...

A shawl or socks - great colors!

{ Emily } at: May 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM said...

Wow! I would make a pair of socks.

{ lsirbuly } at: May 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM said...

I would make a shawl....LOVE the colors!

{ Mks } at: May 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM said...

I would make a beautiful pair of socks, I think.

{ Kathy } at: May 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM said...

These colors are amazing! A shawl? Socks? A cowl? I can't decide!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 9, 2012 at 4:08 AM said...

I'd knit a pair of socks with the Sock Hop Yarn in the Wine Country colorway. So gorgeous!!!

{ Shayla } at: May 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM said...

I'd make a shawlette probably. I love the colors!!

{ weaver } at: May 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM said...

I think a shawl would be in my future. Beautiful.

{ Sabra } at: May 13, 2012 at 4:12 AM said...

Beautiful. A shawlette would allow everyone to see the wonderful colors.

{ ohsusanna! } at: May 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM said...

Socks, socksm socks!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews