Keblinger

Keblinger

Boo-Knits Pattern

| Monday, May 28, 2012
I am so excited about this pattern review.  Please let me introduce to you a very talented designer,

She goes by Generous-Gardener in Ravelry and what a collection of designs she has created.  I am sure at some point while searching through Ravelry you have all come across one of her patterns.  You may not have known it was Boo-Knits, but I would bet you all have favorited at least one of her shawls at one time. 

A note from the designer, "There are few better feelings in life than deciding on a pattern, a yarn and a colour and creating a thing of beauty and balance that is not only pleasing to the eye but is use able, wearable and functional. Knitting is not a hobby - it is a way of life, a way of destressing, finding peace and rhythm and a wonderful way to share with people in every corner of the world. If world leaders were knitters …"

The Shawl pattern that I was able to review was

This pattern is delicate and elegant and really shows off a lighter look of shawls.  As you will see, this could really be worn over any type of outfit.  It could be used as a layering piece or something to kiss the tops of your shoulders on a warm summers eve.


The pattern was easy to follow, well written and really was a joy to knit.  I loved how as you grew the lace pattern, you could see each design take its shape.  This is a pattern that could be considered an heirloom piece if you really wanted it to take on that look.

Below are the photos of my shawl.





This is a very reasonably priced shawl pattern that is easily purchased off of Ravelry for your convince.  I can see this pattern being one that you might take to the lake for a long weekend of relaxing knitting on a porch or a small getaway to some place tropical.  The pattern calls for Fingering weight yarn, I know you all have a skein of yarn that you are not quite sure what to do with.  This is a great solution to a yarn that you might have only purchased one skein of or a special yarn that you might have picked up on a trip.  Either way, this is a summer knit that you do not want to miss out on.

Thank you generous-gardener for letting me review your Fantastic Shawl Creation!!

Boo-Knits receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


Review 1 of 2

4 comments:

{ Boo Knits } at: May 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM said...

Thank you so much for you kind words - I am so glad you like my shawl! It can also be knit in laceweight with the same size needles so is extremely versatile! x

{ weaver } at: June 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM said...

Beautiful pattern!

{ Auntea } at: June 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM said...

I am always pleased with myself for knitting lace, I cannot even imagine designing such beautiful creations. (Auntea on Rav)

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: June 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM said...

Beautiful! I also love the New Beginnings shawl pattern :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews