Keblinger

Keblinger

Swoon Fibers

| Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome to the magnificent world of hand spun yarns!  Swoon Fibers is just that kind of yarn shop.
I have quite the array of yarn contents for you. 

Starting on the Left side and working our way through the beautiful hand spun samples that Alida sent for the review

1.  Mallory 100% Hand Spun Cashmere
As I run this light fluff of yarn through my fingers, I always remember why cashmere is expensive.  Because it feels so rich and amazing.  Her cashmere is one of the best I have seen in a long time!

2.  Phoebe 100% Hand Spun Baby Camel
This is totally new and unique to me.  At first glance of the name, I would think this yarn would be really rough, but it is very well spun to show off how soft Baby Camel can be.

3.  Lustre Hand Spun 50/50 (Merino/Silk)
Wow, this yarn has a sheen about and a slick texture that would make for a beautiful garment of any kind.  Knit up, this would really be a treat.

4.  Painterly Hand Spun thick and thin, Super Bulky 100% Merino
I get such a kick out of seeing the most amazing projects come out of a think & thin yarn.  Anyone could use this in the "Stash."

5.  Love Birds Hand Spun, Worsted single, 100% Merino
This has got to be my most favorite.  It is that amazingly fluffy feel and the single ply makes it so warm and soft.  This is a must for any quick winter knit.  Love the twist on this yarn as well.

6.  Addison  Superwash, Worsted from Italy, 120 yards
Great twist on this yarn, colors are rich and have a solid undertone that makes the look so rich.  This will also make for great stitch definition in any project.


She also sent along some beautiful artwork in the form of greeting card that displayed the beauty of her yarns.  Take a look for your self.


From the moment that I opened this package, I was impressed.  The yarn that will be the main focus of the review came so elegantly packaged in a sheer organza bag with a brightly colored tag that was the perfect amount of beauty to coincide with this package.  Every tag, gift card, bag and much more had that flare that made the statement, "I really care about my products & customers."  It was so great to see how Alida took the time to make it just so.  Very impressive!

Take a look at this, it is called Bunny.  I absolutely love it. 


100% Angora , 50 grams/120 yards.
In the color~Night Light



When I first handled this yarn it made me feel like I was truly holding a Bunny.  So light, warm and had the most beautiful sheen to it.  This is more than a luxury yarn, this is brilliance in the form of yarn.

Swoon Fibers receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
~Stephanie~
Thank you to Swoon Fibers for donating to the blog!

This week you have a chance to win one of two prizes;


2 skeins of 'Bunny'



A One-Time 25% OFF Discount from Swoon Fibers!

 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what other kind of yarn you want to try and what interests you about the fiber content!
Good luck to you all
The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 23rd.





7 comments:

{ Sheila } at: April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM said...

I would love to try the cashmere.

{ Karin } at: April 17, 2012 at 4:59 AM said...

The cashmere of course!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: April 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM said...

I would very much LOVE to try out the BUNNY fiber line as I can only imagine how soft it must be. However the colorway that I like best is 'Rain Forest.' I purchased a sample pack and liked the shop on FB and tweeted on Twitter. Thanks for reviewing this shop as I KNOW I will be back :)

{ Ely } at: April 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM said...

I'd try camel in any colour or yak. That's just way outside of all my normal yarns. The sampler pack or natural brown yak would be an awesome starter.

{ wooliegirl } at: April 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM said...

I would love to try silk, the Shibori Indigo silk to be exact. It looks like such an indulgence and would feel so silky :)

{ weaver } at: April 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM said...

I would love to try the worsted weight although the Bunny is calling to me.

{ Hege } at: April 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM said...

Ï'd love to try out the Bunny as it looks so soft.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews