Keblinger

Keblinger

Studio June Yarn

| Monday, April 9, 2012

Hold on to your needles, this is going to be some amazing yarn!
Jill June is the owner of Studio June Yarn.  She lives in Kalamazoo, MI.
Fair warning! Be prepared to be enabled!!
Super Cash Sock is shown in the Beach Glass colorway.  You can see how the slight variations move from one shade of blue to another shade of green.  A true representation of its name. 
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
435 yards (398 meters)
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
80% Merino/10% Cashmere/10% Nylon
Machine Wash/ Lay flat to dry
Yum...I think I must have asked my husband five or six times to hold this yarn and agree with me as to how amazingly cushy this yarn was.  Of course I made him smell the aroma of the merino as well, (He is not a fan, I AM!!!)  This will make for a very full sock if you use a size 1-1.5 US needle for your socks.  I love having a dense sock, they last so much longer and really, they feel the best!

I have got to tell you, before Jill sells out of this base in her shop, snatch one or two of these!

Something cute that I thought you can never have enough of is stitch markers.  How cute to have one from your favorite yarn studio.

How cute!


Sock-Luck is featured next in the Dancing in the Moonlight colorway.  Try to imagine three shades of dark blue, dark purple and black.  Knit that!  Perfect color to go with a pair of your favorite jeans.
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
460 yards (421 meters)
US 0 - 2 or 2 - 2.75mm
75%/25%-Nylon/Merino
Great work horse yarn.  I could see myself knitting up a few socks and packing them away for my daily winter socks.  Again, very soft but this just picks up the deep richness of the color saturation. 

Amazing yarn that is calling my name.  You can find Jill's shop on Etsy.  She also has her own group on Ravelry that can be found here.  And if it could possible get any better, She has a SOCK CLUB!
You have until the end of the month to get in on that sock goodness!

Jill has out done herself with her yarns for this review!  Thank you!

Studio June Yarn receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Thank you again for donating to the blog!
Jill has generously donated one skein of the 'Super Cash Sock' in the color Beach Glass to one of you readers!
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what other kind of yarn you want to purchase and what color way! 
Good luck to you all

The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 16th.


16 comments:

{ Sheila } at: April 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM said...

Ok, that took a bit of stalking, but I really want her Cashmere Lace that I found at the Loopy Ewe in A Gentle Whisper colorway (http://www.theloopyewe.com/browse/yarn/studio-june/cashmere-lace/a-gentle-whisper/)

{ Hind DP } at: April 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM said...

Love the Beach Glass Cash Sock, though I didn't see any in her Etsy shop

{ Lynda } at: April 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM said...

Wow, I love the colours she has. Beautiful. I would say I would likely choose the Eight bells in the Cheboygan River colourway.

{ Kathy } at: April 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM said...

Kinda drooling over her Simply Cashmere in Silvery Gray! And the Beach Glass is gorgeous!

{ Sara } at: April 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM said...

The Beach Glass is gorgeous and so is the Green Goddess. And she dyes in Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo!

{ Sarah } at: April 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM said...

love her bulky in dune!

cathie at: April 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM said...

pretty! perfect for spring!:)

{ weaver } at: April 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM said...

I actually like the sock yarn in the beachglass colorway. Reminds me os summers past.

{ Mamazoya } at: April 11, 2012 at 7:40 AM said...

The Star struck in Paris is dreamy!

{ Brenda } at: April 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM said...

I really love the Beach Glass colorway! I would have a hard time deciding whether to use it to make socks or a shawl... or buy more of it and make a sweater! I also like the Mad Scientist and Tide Pool colorways in the Super Cash Sock yarn. Blues and greens are definitely my colors!

{ Ely } at: April 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM said...

The Coneflower colourway has all things good in it and in the sock luck based - what kind of socks could be happier?

{ wooliegirl } at: April 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM said...

I love the brightness of the Eight Bells SW Merino, fun colors!!!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: April 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM said...

I definitely want a stitch marker. This is such a cute way to advertise her shop!

As for yarn.. so many beautiful colors to choose from but the 'Sock Luck - Kalamazoo Christmas' really caught my eye. I really found it to be fun :)

{ 3kidsmom } at: April 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM said...

My favorite is Beach Glass. What a perfect description.

{ Lisa } at: April 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM said...

I love the colors of her Luck Sock. I would love to get any of those as well.

{ Jenny } at: April 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM said...

Great Blog post and selection of colors! I liked the yarn called Bamboo La La, in colorway afternoon rain.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews