Keblinger

Keblinger

Spinning Fates

| Monday, April 16, 2012

I don't know about you, but I have continued to hear about this yarn called 'Spinning Fates'.  What is the big to-do about, well I am going to tell you all about it.  Laurel is a woman of many talents.  She has 6 kids and still manages to dye yarn that is out of this world.


I have herd a few pod casters mention that they were knitting socks out of Spinning Fates, so what do I need to do...try it for my self and let you the readers know exactly how I feel about it.


Take a look at this Fun Sock yarn; Toula in the color Tropicana.


I am a true 'Sock Yarn Consumer.'  The buzz about Spinning Fates yarn is totally correct!  I had a chance to knit up a pair of self striping socks.  Great stitch definition, clean dye lines between color changes.  Deep & rich colors that are bold but really work together at the same time.  The yarn already has such a nice bloom to it that I am even more excited to soak & block the socks to enhance that plush feel. 

Toula is;

Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards /100 grams
Needles;
US 0 - 2 or 2 - 2.75mm
80% Merino
20% Nylon
Machine Washable!!!
( Just the Toes to go!)
She even threw in a really unique stitch marker that is perfect for small needles.  It has a wire loop that is securely fastened and moves so fluid like through out the knitting process I almost forgot that it was on the needle. 

Over all...THIS IS A WINNER!  I would not only order from her again, but I would recommend that every sock knitter try this fantastic yarn!!!
Spinning Fates receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
~Stephanie~
 
Thank you to Spinning Fates for donating to the blog!
For you, my readers Laurel has donated a give away Skein of Tropicana.
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what color ways strike your eyes!
Good luck to you all
The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 23rd.

16 comments:

{ Sheila } at: April 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM said...

I love the May Sparkling Fingering weight. Such a lovely shade of green!

{ Karin } at: April 17, 2012 at 5:00 AM said...

Lime green always catches my eye however, I almost never wear it.

{ Knit Ma } at: April 17, 2012 at 5:36 AM said...

I love Spinning Fates. I have only used it once, so I would love some more. I think that her movie tie ins are fun, so I am going with "I Triple Dog Dare You"

{ variegatedlife } at: April 17, 2012 at 6:26 AM said...

I like to change colorways with the seasons, so honestly this bright "Tropicana" is perfect. I have summer on my mind already!

Emily at: April 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM said...

Space Cadet!

{ Megan } at: April 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM said...

I've eye-balled but never bought Spinning Fates. Thanks for the review, I feel enabled ;o) I love any of their striping colorways....I'm addicted to self-striping.

{ Renee } at: April 17, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

I think my fav is the tropicana b/c you can never have too much pink but my second fav is Tangerine Dream. So many pretty colors. What an awesome stitch marker too. I have some larger ones in that style and I love them.

Anonymous at: April 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM said...

Solar Flare!

{ Jules } at: April 17, 2012 at 9:17 AM said...

Solar Flare!!!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: April 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM said...

Such wonderful colors! I really love the Nana's Rose, 50/50 Silk & SW Merino, Fingering Weight :)

{ Ely } at: April 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM said...

Oh wow.. To choose between the Nana's Rose 50-50 silk-merino blend and the Aegean BFL-silk-cashmere is impossible. I want to pick both!

{ wooliegirl } at: April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

Tough choice! I love Fred, Frederick and Anne and Teddy please. I want to jump on the self striping wagon and the Teddy would be my first.

{ weaver } at: April 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM said...

Firecracker is beautiful, but they all are.

{ Hege } at: April 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM said...

Romeo & juliet

{ Kathy } at: April 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM said...

Love the Space Cadet colorway, but honestly, they are all fantastic!

arthella at: April 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM said...

the peonies and scooby doo colorways caught my eyes

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews