Keblinger

Keblinger

Plum Street Fiber Art

| Monday, April 30, 2012
This weeks yarn review is brought to you from Plum Street Fiber Art.
Chelsea is the artist behind this fantasticly dyed yarn.  She has a group on Ravelry that can be found Here

Let's jump right into this yarn because I am so excited to show you the richness of her colors!!

This Beauty is called Jewel of the Nile
Swizzle Twist is a uniquely spun yarn with four plies that plump against each other creating an amazing cabled appearance in an incredibly strong yet soft and sproingy yarn.

100%Superwash Merino
Approximately 435 yards per 100 grams
Hand Wash, lay flat to dry

The photos are very true to the richness of this fantastic yarn.  And yes, the twist on this is unlike anything I have ever used.  I think this is going to knit up into a very dense fabric.  I love how the shades of blue and green transition from one deep color to another. 
This yarn is amazingly priced at $18.00 a skein.  This is a great price when you get your hands on this incredible yarn.


This yarn would make to most drastic statement in a shawl pattern.  Really, I don't see how you could not love her colors.  Make sure you take a look at all she has to offer, you will be pleased at her variety as well.


Thank you Chelsea for letting me review your yarn!!

Plum Street Fiber Art receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of the featured "Jewel of the Nile"

In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what you would make using this color pallet of yarn.
 
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 7th.

28 comments:

{ kleggett } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM said...

I would make a shawl, I love deep rich colors.

{ Jules } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM said...

That color is all kinds of gorgeous!

{ Jules } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM said...

I would make a lovely cabled scarf!

{ Hind DP } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

I think this would look very pretty for the Rocky Mountaineer shawl by Susan Ashcroft

{ Renee } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM said...

I think I would make the Hocking Shawl by Candice DeWitt. The stockinette body would show off the rich colors of the yarn beautifully.

{ Erin Kate } at: April 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM said...

Ooh I would love to make a scarf out of that!

Emily at: April 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM said...

Adirondack Shawl by Sarah Punderson. The colors are great.

{ neilsnana } at: April 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM said...

This yarn would make a beautiful Allegra Shawl.

{ Kathy } at: April 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM said...

I have a gazillion shawls in my Ravelry favorites; with the yarn's gorgeous color and awesome yardage, it would be perfect!

{ Sheila } at: April 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM said...

I'd make a cowl with some type of texture to it - maybe small cables?

{ Jenna M } at: May 1, 2012 at 3:46 AM said...

I'd make some amazing leafy socks.... like the Midnight Summer Dream socks from Knitty!

{ Estella } at: May 1, 2012 at 4:19 AM said...

Definitely a shawl - amazing color!

{ Knit Ma } at: May 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM said...

Cookie A sock pattern of some sort

{ Ely } at: May 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM said...

There is a shawl called Nessie, that I think would benefit from some lush green and river colours.

{ wooliegirl } at: May 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM said...

First, I would love the Jewel of the Nile, that is my favorite. But choosing a 2nd would be the Amethyst swizzle, so pretty!

{ folksmith } at: May 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM said...

OMG, I love the Jewel of the Nile. that color is wonderful. I would make a hitchhiker with it. love it.

{ Shayla } at: May 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM said...

I agree that a shawl would be amazing in this colorway. I'm thinking Garden Pond would be a great fit.

BDY at: May 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM said...

I think I would use it with the Primavera shawlette pattern. Beautiful colors.

{ Esther } at: May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM said...

Hey Pink socks,

I follow your blog on my rss feed and must say I am very happy I discovered you.

That Jewel of the Nile colourway is really nice and would work well as a shawl called "And so are you " by Rose Beck in her e-book called Be mine collection. (And I just bought it) :-)

Thank you for the chance to win

{ Sabra } at: May 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

Right now I'm really into scarves and shawlettes so that's what I think this yarn would become.

I follow you on my RSS feed.

{ annachis07 } at: May 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM said...

I'm thinking a cowl or some sort or a fitted sweater. I would definitely want something that would show off that awesome color! Love to see how it would change in a bigger project

{ Joyatee } at: May 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM said...

I have been wanting the make the Damson Shawl for a while, I think this would be perfect for it!

I follow your blog via my RSS feed, and it's great!

{ TracyF } at: May 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM said...

Love the colorway! I would make a triangular shawlette. Jewel of the Nile is gorgeous!

{ Mks } at: May 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM said...

I would probably make a beautiful scarf, although a shawl would be nice. I've never made one before.

{ Shannon } at: May 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM said...

I love, love these colors! It would definitely be a shawl for me!

{ stephigordon } at: May 5, 2012 at 5:55 AM said...

I would make a shawl - I've been wanting to make Piper's Journey - would try this even though it's a lighter weight. Otherwise I would try another shawlette pattern, or the Hitchhiker has been on my mind for a long time! I just started following your blog on Google Reader - love it! Thank you! I just might have to get some hot pink socks now (better yet, knit some). My daughter is a huge fan of them at five years old and she always has the best time! Thanks! Stephanie (indigodogmt on Ravelry)

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM said...

Wow! Jewel of the Nile is gorgeous! I would love to use this color or Amethyst Swizzle Twist to make a shawl :)

{ ohsusanna! } at: May 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM said...

My little granddaughter, Sarah, insists that everything she wears *must* be green (to help the ecology' she says!). I am always on the hunt for green yarn to make socks for her, which is how I would use this beautiful yarn! (or maybe a nice shrug)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews