Keblinger

Keblinger

Moon Fire Knits

| Monday, April 9, 2012

Get ready to be introduced to MoonfireKnits on Ravelry.

Vicki has recently published a sock pattern that is available for purchase for a fantastic price of $4.99.  Not only is she a designer, she is also an Independent Designer for Knit Picks.  Congratulations on being featured on Knit Picks!

I will tell you all that I am so excited about this pattern, my swatch however was in black yarn and I did not really think about how that would photograph.  So, to feature the sock I am going to use Vicki's.  She has done a great job with her photos.


How great are these cabled socks!  I love the small detail that hides withing each cable, it is such a great look.  I love how the cables create a textured pattern that is perfect for staying warm in your socks.  Vicki has really gone the length to make sure that her pattern is made for all.  She has designed this sock to be customized to 6 different sizes!  How can you not want to knit these socks! 
[Small, Medium, Large, Slim, Narrow, Wide]

Her pattern is a toe-up sock that can be knit one at a time or both at the same time.  A great size needle, US 1.5, this is my perfect sock needle size. 

You can see how her choice of a short row heal really makes the pattern complete. 
Yarn choices for this sock pattern are really endless.  You can do everything from a solid to a stripe and everything in between.  I must say, being a fan of Knit Picks, I would totally go with the Stroll sock yarn.  It has such subtle changes in color that really blend together as you can see in Vicki's socks. 

This is a must! Perfect for a day at the beach or just being with friends and family.  You will find that you can memorize the cable pattern quickly so that you may enjoy the knit of the sock. 

Thank you again to Vicki for allowing us to review her pattern!
Blue Day Socks receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Vicki will be giving away a pattern to one of you readers!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:


1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog

2.Tell me what you like best about this great sock pattern.
Good luck to you all!


The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 16th.

8 comments:

{ Aimers1212 } at: April 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM said...

I am working on these socks now and love it! I'm giving it a 5 out of 5!

{ Hind DP } at: April 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM said...

I think the the texture is beautiful and I love that the pattern is written for such a wide range of sizes.

{ Oceancat } at: April 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM said...

Ii agree, this is a nice pattern. What I like about it is that it appears that it would be stretchier than a regular sock with cables and that it isn't an open lace pattern. Although I like the pretty lace patterns, I really l Ike a sock that is warm and covers the foot completely.

{ Renee } at: April 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM said...

gorgeous pattern. i am a total sucker for cables so any kind of cabley goodness is awesome in my book. :)

{ ConnieLene } at: April 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM said...

what an opportunity to push me toward starting a pair of socks. I have not yet knitted a pair of socks. I do have an IOU for 2 pairs of Red socks for BestBeloved and son & this looks an interesting cable pattern, has good size range, a challenge, and toe up means I could knit both feet at the same time. May well guarantee completion.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: April 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...

I like the wide range of sizes and how the cables look like they are woven together :)

{ jean geerdes } at: July 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM said...

i enjoyed this pattern so much, i made them twice...
and i HATE redoing a pattern

me

{ Sonu Singh } at: September 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM said...

Nirlon India is a family-owned company that has been in the socks business for over 32 years. Nirlon India are the leading socks manufacturing of various variety of socks such as men’s socks, ladies socks, ladies socks India, cheap black socks, slack socks, work socks, cotton socks, boys socks, casual socks, winter socks, designer socks, pattern socks, sport socks, outdoor socks, work wear socks, black cotton socks, winter socks manufacturer, socks shop, argyle socks manufacturer, work socks for men, best work socks, flake ladies socks, red cotton socks, organic cotton socks, girls cotton socks, women’s winter socks visit for complete information's www.nirlonindia.com

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews