Keblinger

Keblinger

Berry Colorful Yarnings

| Monday, April 30, 2012

I am going to call this yarn the classic.  I'm excited to share with you all some must have in your stash yarn.  That 'Go To' sock yarn that every knitter must have one or two skeins of. 
BCYarnings other wise known as Michelle is the master behind this sock yarn.  She is a stay at home mom, and is helped by her husband who  runs the businesses from home. Michelle learned to knit from her, then, 11 year old niece. she states; "I figure if I am going to collect yarn then I better know how to make something with it."

On with the review!

Fingering SW is the featured yarn! 
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
400 yards /100 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
100% Merino
She has two colorways that are shown above.  (Top) a celestial blue that is named "Glacier",
(Bottom) a dark and majestic grey named "Stone Path".
I love both of them.  They are variegated yarns that show of the beauty of changing hews that are ever so gentle but have such flair.  I love the colors that she chose.  I feel that these would be really great as a masculine color pallet for socks.  I love making my husband new knit socks, however he is very particular about colors.  He has already claimed a new pair of socks out of the Stone Path color.  (Men!)

Take a closer look!


Just so you all know, she has Hunger Game Theme Yarn!!
Thank you Michelle for letting me review your yarn!!

BCYarnings receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!


For you all my readers, Mischelle is offering a FREE SHIPPING CODE:
BLOG
 Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of the featured "Glacier"

In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway you would like to purchase.
Good luck to you all

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 7th.

33 comments:

{ neilsnana } at: April 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM said...

I love the Stone Path colorway!

{ Kathy } at: April 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM said...

Gorgeous colors! I love FreweT Pebbles, Girl on Fire, District 12, Katniss at the Reaping (I'm apparently on a Hunger Games kick!)

{ Sheila } at: April 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM said...

I want either the Glacier above or the Gale in her etsy shop. Such lovely blues!

{ Estella } at: May 1, 2012 at 4:45 AM said...

Glacier, definitely Glacier.

{ Ely } at: May 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM said...

I like Gale of the ones in stock, but when I started looking through some of the sold ones too the Girl on Fire jumps out of my screen. (Not that I wouldn't buy all the Hunger Games ones - just 'cause.)

{ Jules } at: May 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

I really like Stone Path!

{ Hind DP } at: May 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM said...

I love the Glacier color way! So pretty!

{ Knit Ma } at: May 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM said...

Cinna of course! I think it is a great color for the character.

{ wooliegirl } at: May 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM said...

Cinna would make a beautiful pair of fall socks or even a wispy shawl.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM said...

Gotta go with the Strawberry in DK weight. So bright and cheerful looking!

{ folksmith } at: May 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM said...

love the Stone Path colorway.

{ KnittingsMyBag } at: May 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM said...

Cinna would be my favorite even though I know nothing about The Hunger Games.

{ The Kenagy's } at: May 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM said...

I think I would buy the Cinna. I love the over-washed look of that :)

{ Shayla } at: May 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM said...

I love Gale and Iris. Her blues are really lovely!

{ Sally } at: May 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM said...

It is so hard to pick just one, Cinna, Stone Path

{ Esther } at: May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM said...

Oh yes, Glacier is Wow!

And the yarn looks smooshy and sprigny, oui?

Thanks for the chance to win:-)

{ Sabra } at: May 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM said...

The Stone Path is beautiful.

{ annachis07 } at: May 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM said...

I would definitely go with the Blush colorway. I think it would look so pretty and feminine with the right project.

{ Joyatee } at: May 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM said...

I like the Grape on the Vine colorway. I love that she has Hunger Games-themed yarns. :)

[Follow you via RSS.]

{ rdhknitteremt } at: May 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM said...

hi heard about blog on the stockingette zombies. love the blog.love the glacier yarn. i love the blue colorway.carol rdhknitteremt@gmail.com

{ Farmer Cat } at: May 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM said...

I would order the Stone Path. It looks awesome for socks for my husband.

{ Team Brown } at: May 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM said...

I really liked the Cinna Colorway.

knittertoo

{ Delusional Knitter } at: May 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM said...

Oohhh I love Haymitch!

{ Dawn } at: May 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM said...

Love the Glacier color - heard about your blog on Stockinette Zombies last night. I live and knit in Hawaii - I think Glacier would be perfect for fitting into the blues of the surrounding Pacific.

Aloha Dawn

wdsouthard@gmail.com

{ Auntea } at: May 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM said...

For me it would be "Blush". Blush pink and gray are my daughter's wedding colors this summer.
ellie520@comcast.net "Auntea" (Ravelry)

{ Carolyn Robbin } at: May 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM said...

I love Glaciar!

{ TracyF } at: May 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM said...

I like the Stone Path. I goes for men or women.

{ Mks } at: May 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM said...

Glacier for me!

{ Irocknits! } at: May 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM said...

I love the glacier and can't wait for her shop update in about a week.

{ Karen } at: May 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM said...

The Stone path draws me in love the depth of color

{ ohsusanna! } at: May 6, 2012 at 11:47 AM said...

I love the Stone Path - might be for my husband- or maybe for moi!

{ stephigordon } at: May 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM said...

I am a Glacier girl (I live near Glacier National Park and love all things in this color type). Thanks for the chance to win! Stephanie (I do follow your blog on Google Reader)

{ Denise Haws } at: September 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM said...

I think the Stone Path colorway would make my hubby smile...and if there is enough left I would be able to make a wee pair for my grandson of 9 months...BTW.....I got your blog info from your mom....I was traveling on Alaska Airlines on Friday from Portland OR to Sacremento, CA. So I whip out my knitting and your mommy comes up and starts chatting...I am a huge fan of Blue Moon and your mommy spotted the yarn on my lap! Your mommy is delightful...and I am sure you are too...Best of luck with your blog...OH Yea..Last post Amythist(SP)..The shawl is beautiful and the pictures are wonderful...I think I am going to step out and buy the pattern because I would love to wear something so beautiful this full. Warm Regards...Denise

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews