Keblinger

Keblinger

Yvieknits Yarns...Handpainted Origionals

| Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Please let me introduce to you Yvonne, the owner and designer behind Yvieknits Yarn.
Yvonne learned to knit when she was about 4 years old and has been knitting ever since.  She had the chance to attend a dyeing workshop almost three years ago when she was able to try hand painting a skein of yarn.  It was love, after her first time through the process.  So, she decided to dye up a few skeins to see if they would sell, and...They Did!!!  Over time Yvonne has been increasing her stock and is now selling her yarn at Just Knitting In Carleton Place, Ontario.  When she has time, she loves to teach knitting classes as well as individual sessions for all skill levels.  All of her painted yarns are professionally acid dyed and in a smoke-free environment.  She has almost-solids, semi-solids, tonal and variegated colourways.

Lets get to some great colors!
This is her Cash Sock in the Redwood color.
I have had to hold this skein of yarn in my hands a few times to convince myself that it does not contain 'magic sheep fiber', it is amazingly soft!!  At the same time, I can see how this would make a lasting sock. 
  • 80% Merino
  • 10% Cashmere
  • 10% Nylon
  • Fingering / 4 ply
  • 435 yards/100 grams
This is her "Sock" yarn in the color way Blue Haze.
This is what I would call 'a horse of another color.'  Great work horse yarn with fantastic color.  It really does not get any better than this.  I could see projects of socks, gloves, hats, the list is endless. 
  • 75% Merino
  • 25% Nylon
  • Fingering / 4 ply
  • 440 yards/95 grams
Yvonne chooses to hand paint in order to maintain control over the final outcome.  She often loves to experiment with new colorways when she gets a bright idea.  Her quality control from the start of the color process to the final skeining of her yarn is purposeful and holds great meaning for her customers.

Make sure you take a look at her other yarn lines as well, she really has quite the variety!

Yvieknits Yarn receives a 4 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you Yvonne for donating to the blog!!


Just remember;

“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
~Stephanie~


One lucky person will win the skein of Blue Haze shown in the second photo! 

As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2. Leave a message on my Blog or Ravelry, tell me what other yarns of Yvieknits you would like to try.
Good luck to you all!

 The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday March 26th

11 comments:

{ Sheila } at: March 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM said...

I would love the cash sock yarn in the Caribbean Waters colorway.

{ Ely } at: March 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM said...

Plumberrrrrrrry merino worsted is berrrylicious. And the rust-soot combination in DK would make some really pretty colourwork.

{ Hind DP } at: March 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM said...

Love the "Pink Flowers" in Cash Sock, it's so girly and pretty

{ wooliegirl } at: March 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM said...

Oh no, more gorgeous yarn to tempt me!!! I love your reviews. The Raspberry Mocha is the next best thing to this Blue Haze. But all are yummy looking and needing me to hold them,

{ Kathy } at: March 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM said...

I think her Angel Lace in Glacier is calling my name...

{ Estella } at: March 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM said...

I'm a blue girl - she has a lovely fingering weight in a color way called Ocean Mist. Gorgeous colors!

{ Faith (the Vampire Slayer) } at: March 21, 2012 at 4:34 AM said...

I'm in love with Pink Flowers. Methinks bright colored sock yarn will always be a thing.

{ Lisa } at: March 22, 2012 at 3:18 AM said...

Love that shade of blue. Please enter me in the giveaway. I don't have that colorway at all and it is so bright and cheery.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 22, 2012 at 3:49 AM said...

Beautiful hand-dyed yans! I am in love with the Maplewood color. The deep hues shine so richly that it just attracted my attention immediately!

melissa at: March 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM said...

absolutely beautiful, love love love the blue

{ DJdeeKnits } at: March 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM said...

I would like to try any of her yarns but i really liked the pineapple orange colourway! I enjoyed reading your blog and subscribed.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews