Keblinger

Keblinger

The Wool Dispensary

| Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Let me introduce to you the creator behind this fantastic fiber company.  Sam is the creator and master mind of  this wonderment called The Wool Dispensary.  I was so excited when I came across her on line shop I could not help my self.
The Wool Dispensary was founded in 2011 by the dyeing and design duo Sam Boice and Bree Miller. The two work together to create supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kettle dyed yarns and complementary knitting patterns. 
The Wool Dispensary's yarns are extremely limited and special. Sourcing from small farms and mills they plan to support U.S. farm industry as much as they can. There are no formal dye lots, which means that each time they dye yarns, they turn out a little bit different.  This is all the more reason to purchase when you see what you like!  I loved the description that was given for the color inspirations.  "Colors inspired by a love of circus history. Possessed by the romantic notion of running away into the swirling colors and vibrant reality of circus life. "

I did want to mention that the Branding for this company is dynamic!  Everything from the post cards to the yarn tags that are hand stamped to the sticker that adorned my package of yarn.

This is Imperial Poison which is a farm raised wool from Imperial Stock Ranch in Oregon.  The color way is rightly named 'Midnight Circus'.  This is a fantastic 100% wool, worsted weight yarn, 245 yards, that was like butter in my hands when I knit with it!  I chose a great hat pattern Dreamweaver I loved it.

(I made my friend pose in the hat for me!)

The second yarn that I was able to test was Deadliest Poison.  I really don't know how to put into words how amazingly squishy and bouncy this yarn is!  Not to mention again the fantastic colors. 
This is a merino, cashmere, nylon blend in a DK weight.  Each skein contains approximately 230 yards of goodness.

~Aerial Ballet~


The Wool Dispensary receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Thank you to Sam again for donating to the blog!


Sam  has generously donated one skein of the The Flying Fishers color way to one of you readers!  As well as 3 Project bags!!!
In case you were not counting, that is 4 give away items!!!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what other kind of  The Wool Dispensary yarn you want to purchase and what color way!
Good luck to you all!

The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday March 19th


21 comments:

{ Ely } at: March 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM said...

The colour of Danse Du Ventre is my favorite colour, but the Ogre Bogies, Firebreather and Lizard boy would make it into my shopping cart first. While I would love to knit them up, I'd hoard them for their awesome names.

{ yarnlovers } at: March 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM said...

Imperial poison in the Vexes and Hexes colourway. Very pretty.

{ Deb C. } at: March 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM said...

The Imperial Poison is to die for, but really, I just love all of the colors. They're so rich!

{ kleggett } at: March 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM said...

The colors are beautiful, I really like Pickle Family Circus, or any of the green colors and I would like to try the Useful Stimulant.

{ Sheila } at: March 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM said...

So many pretty yarns to choose from! I love the Useful Restorative in Lizard Boy and the Deadliest Poison in Georgia Building Castles. Imperial Poison in Lizard Boy and the Deadliest Poison in Flying Fishers were in the running for favorite too.

{ Knit Ma } at: March 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM said...

Useful Restorative in Mabel Stark
I am into sport weight yarns lately. This one really caught my eye.

{ Sara } at: March 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM said...

At first I only saw the first page - duh - hit the next button and WOW! How to choose? Too much yarn crack. But Greater Poison in Georgia Building Castles is my favorite. Unbelievable. I like Imperial Poison in Lizard Boy too!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM said...

So many gorgeous yarns and I really like the finger weight line. However I would really like to grab a couple of skeins of Greater Poison in Aerial Ballet and start knitting!

{ TK } at: March 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM said...

Any color of the Useful Irradiant or any yarn base in the Circus Popcorn color. It's such a great yellow!

{ Erin Kate } at: March 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM said...

I love the one you used for the hat!

{ weaver } at: March 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM said...

Useful Irradeant in Pickle Family Circus is my favorite but they are all beautiful.

{ Lisa } at: March 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM said...

Just checked out the blog. I am definitely bookmarking it. Great colorway and the yarn looks like it will knit up so nicely.
I'm loving the Stardust colorway in the Aran weight.

{ Kathy } at: March 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM said...

Ohmygosh, these yarns look amazing! I'm in love with Deadliest Poison in Georgia Building Castles. The Wool Dispensary is now in my bookmarks!

{ Babelglyph } at: March 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM said...

Georgia Building Castles in any base! I should have bought some at YarnCon...

{ Heidirific } at: March 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM said...

I would love to make a sweater out of Tight Rope in any base, especially Deadliest Poison.

LaurenS at: March 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...

I love the Wool Dispensary yarns - especially Deadliest Poison in Sword Swallower

{ cinque2gen } at: March 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM said...

Deadly Poison in Circus Popcorn is calling me. Some incredible yarns. Thanks for the review!

{ Oceancat } at: March 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM said...

I love Useful Irradiant in Georgia Building Castles, so pretty with the bits of sparkle. I prefer merino's myself and would love to handle some of The Wool Dispensary's!

{ wooliegirl } at: March 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM said...

I want the Imperial Poison in Danse Du Ventre for a rocking pink hat!

Anonymous at: March 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM said...

I want Greater Poison in Circus Smirkus LOL I love looking at their yarns!
Thanks.
Tammie
pfeiffertammie@gmail.com

{ rinebird } at: March 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM said...

Deadliest Poison in Ogre Bogies.
Rinebird@gmail.com on
Thanks

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews