Keblinger

Keblinger

Happy Fuzzy Yarn...Does yarn make you happy?

| Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am so pleased to be sharing with you all, my readers, something a bit different.  Today I want you to take a look at what makes a hand dyed yarn different from other commercial yarns.  But first, you must meet the lady in charge of this fantastic Happy Fuzzy fiber and yarn.

This is Riin Gill, the artist behind Happy Fuzzy Yarn.  I have got to tell you the purple hair makes me think she really knows a thing or two about dying!  A note from Riin;

"The more I dye, the more I think, “What if I did it this way?,” and so I’m continually developing new methods. The creative process feeds upon itself. I hope others will use my yarn and fiber to feed their own creative process. I think creativity is an important part of the human spirit, and if people don’t take time to be creative in one way or another, they lose themselves.
I currently live in Ann Arbor, Michigan with my boyfriend, two rabbits and a really astounding amount of wool."

Riin has been gracious enough to share one of her latest creations. 


This is a fingering weight yarn that was hand dyed in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Her special dyeing technique lets the colors meld together, giving the yarn a beautiful richness.  The punch of color is striking!!!

The yarn is a wool/nylon blend that's ideal for socks. The nylon helps socks last a long time (She even has socks she knit from in 2006, and they're still going strong! No holes!). Several of her customers have also used it for shawls. And because it's superwash, it's machine washable and dryable, so it's great for baby things.  She is also very competitive in her pricing and is right on in my opinion.  This skein of yarn retails in the US for $25.00.
  • Daylily colorway includes rich copper, deep pink, and dark rose tones.
  • 4 oz
  • 435 yards
  • use size US0-2 needles for 7-9 sts/inch
  • 75% Superwash wool/25% nylon
  • Machine wash in cool water. Tumble dry or lay flat to dry to keep the garment looking new longer.
You want a closer look at that amazing color blend, here you go.


What I have really enjoyed about this yarn is that when yarn is hand dyed, not two skeins will ever be exactly the same.  They can be similar and have some of the same features, but each has a calling card that is all their own.  Riin has mastered this look in all of her techniques. 

Make sure you take a look at her Web Page.  You will find several types of yarn in multiple ranges of size and color pallets.  I would venture to say that if you dare to open up to her site, have your stash money in hand!  I don't think it is possible to not purchase from her when you find that one skein that just speaks to you for whatever reason.

Happy Fuzzy Yarn receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Thank you to Riin again for donating to the blog!
 
Please take the time to Sign up for my Newsletter to receive the latest news, coupons, and occasional free patterns!

5 comments:

nursekimknits at: March 20, 2012 at 6:46 AM said...

Wow! I love the color variations in that yarn- just gorgeous....and when I went onto the site, Riin has fiber as well as yarn....I am in love with her Mother Earth colorway of shetland in the natural moorit.....and she has more than just 1 or 2 4 oz. bumps available- she has 7 of them! Thank you Hot Pink Socks for these reviews- you expand my fiber/yarn horizons!

{ wooliegirl } at: March 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM said...

Oh she does lovely work! The Moss and the Mist in the worsted would go gorgeous together. Oh how I need my bday money now!!!.

{ Lisa } at: March 22, 2012 at 3:16 AM said...

Her yarn is beautiful and her dying is very unique. I love the color combinations. They ae all so gorgeous. I will definitely add her to my list of stores.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 22, 2012 at 3:52 AM said...

Gorgeous work indeed and I love the Triangulation Sock pattern as well as the Sugar and Spice fingering weight sock yarn. This site will definitely be going into my list of favorites!

LaurenS at: March 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM said...

Love the Daylily!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews