Keblinger

Keblinger

For the Love of Darcy

| Monday, March 26, 2012

Today's yarn review is one that has a special place in my heart.  I am a lover of Pride & Prejudice.  So when I was given the opportunity to review Pandia's Jewels in the colorway "For The Love of Darcy."  Pandia in Greek Mythology was the embodiment of brightness and the Goddess of the full moon. While each of her creations start from a spark of light she also considers each one of them to be a jewel of their own

Take a look at this beauty!

First thing is first, the color is amazingly thought out.  I would describe this yarn as a transition from Crimson to raspberry to a hint of royal purple.  Absolutely stunning!  I a sure that this yarn will be knit up into a shawl fitting its character, something that would be worn in the Spring months on a cool evening. 
The fiber blend its self is very durable and very soft to the touch.  I have no hesitation in telling you, you must enhance your Spring yarn stash with one or two of these beauties!

Fingering / 4 ply
462 yards/100 grams
75% Merino
25% Nylon
My Favorite: Machine Washable

Are you intrigued yet?  I guess it goes with out saying, Julia also carries FIBER & PATTERNS!  The woman is amazing in her color choices and how she marries each color change into the other.  Just take a look at what I am talking about Tempting !

Just in case you need another reason to purchase, take a look at a few more photos and see for your self why everyone needs this yarn.



I am so excited to have had the opportunity to review this yarn!  Julia has really outdone herself when it comes to this yarn.  I am telling you that her colors and her creativity are unmatched by any other.  As I said above earlier, everyone needs a skein or two of this yarn for Spring!

Thank you again Julia!
Pandia's Jewels receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


Julia 
Designer and owner of Pandia's Jewels


Julia has generously donated one skein of the 'For The Love of Darcy' color way to one of you readers! 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what other kind of  yarn you want to purchase and what color way!  Remember to Friend her on Face Book 
Good luck to you all!

The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 2nd.

17 comments:

{ Ali Mae } at: March 26, 2012 at 8:15 AM said...

I am a follower and have liked Pandia's Jewels for sometime now. I love the two colors of burgundy and green.....I am new to yarn so I'm not sure as to what type of yarn but I do like cotton and wool.

{ Christina Ramirez } at: March 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM said...

Resistance is Futile!!! Not only is it an awesome name for a yarn...it is a fantastic color way.

Already a loyal customer :-)

yarnovercrochet@hotmail.com

{ Erin Kate } at: March 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM said...

I would like any of those!!

{ Sheila } at: March 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM said...

I love the Water Nymph glitz sock yarn!

{ wooliegirl } at: March 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

The Cosmic roving colorway is gorgeous and I want to spin it up now. The Woodland Magick/sparkle base would be a great hat too. Gorgeous yarns!

{ Kathy } at: March 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM said...

I love Storm in the Snug base, and the amount of yardage is fantastic!

{ neilsnana } at: March 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM said...

The Water Nymph sock yarn is great! I also liked Pandia's Jewel on facebook.

{ Lisa } at: March 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM said...

Love the yarn and I think her Sugar Plum has got to be my favorite of the colorways. Thanks so much for doing this giveaway. Please enter me in!

{ Hind DP } at: March 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM said...

I "liked" Pandia's Jewels on Facebook, I think her yarns are beautiful. My favorite is the Water Nymph on Glitz.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM said...

I'd definitely love to work with the Norweigan Wood on Glitz. Thanks so much for this review. This is a new vendor to me and I am bookmarking her store for future purchases :)

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM said...

BTW, I went ahead and 'liked' the Norweigan Wood on Glitz yarn on Facebook :)

{ Debbie } at: March 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM said...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pandias-Jewels/158178164197851?sk=app_259525164100619 ... love the colours! I follow your blog and I was AAF of Pandia's Jewels on FB! Thanks for the nice giveaway!

{ Sarah } at: March 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM said...

Being a total Trek geek I'd love to get my hands on Enterprise on Snug.

Shelly at: March 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM said...

I absolutely love Storm. It reminds me soooo much of how the skys can look in Western Kansas.

{ edte } at: March 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM said...

I wish a could afford to buy a few, they're ALL gorgeous, its hard to pick only one favorite..... I love green and burgundy colorways so "Water sprite and For the love of Darcy" will make my day : )

{ Beth } at: March 31, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

I am a follower, and a devote lover of Pandia's Jewels!! I am hoping to be able to beg her to make more Country Road :D Thank you both for the chance to win!!

{ needlesandthread } at: April 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM said...

I can't wait to get my hands on some of this yarn. I will be knitting at stop lights again.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews