Keblinger

Keblinger

Fibro Fibers...Yarn With a Cause

| Monday, March 26, 2012
I was more than excited to be introduced to a new yarn line.  Not just any yarn, this is a fantastic way to enjoy your love of knitting and purchasing yarn with a cause.

Fibro-what?
FibroFibers is a brand of hand-dyed yarn originated by Jen Hintz. The name FibroFibers refers to a chronic medical condition called fibromyalgia which causes pain throughout the body, crushing fatigue, and a number of other symptoms. Jen actually discovered her love of all things fiber-arts when she took up knitting after having to leave her last "regular job" because she suffers from the disorder, so fiber arts and fibromyalgia will always be linked in her mind.

Starting her own fiber business was a way to continue doing what she loves while generating income and allowing herself the flexibility of tasks and scheduling that she was unlikely to find at any other job. It was one of the best decisions she ever made.

 I was given the opportunity to feature a yarn line called; Nightfall.  I was pleasantly excited to try something that I had honestly never even seen in a dyeing pattern before.  No, not a stripe or a tonal but a color changing gradient from a bright solid to a darker almost black shade !  I have to say, this was a first and I was so excited to knit up a pair of socks.

 
Hand-Dyed in North Carolina in positively bold in color, this was one of my favorite knits yet.  Nightfall is unique in that she prepares her yarn in two different options.  You can purchase a single cake of yarn for $26.00 or you have the option for 'two-at-a-time knitting' with the Sock Set for $28.00.  Now I know you all know I am a two-at-a-time fan, so when Jen sent me the Sock Set to review, I was tickled "Pink!"

Fingering / 4 ply
490 yards
Wool / Merino
Machine Washable

Take a look at the options that you have to choose from.  I don't think it is even possible to not find a color that will suite you.

 I really wanted to get the full effect of seeing the color change in my socks, so I decided on a plane vanilla sock to show off the yarn.  I was so impressed with the texture of the knitted fabric, so thick and really comfortable.


 
Fibrofibers receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Thank you to Jen again for donating to the blog!

Make sure you readers take full advantage of March Madness


1 comments:

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: March 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM said...

Very interesting color concept! I think a shawl knit up in either the red or the violet Nightfall colorways would look very dramatic!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews