Keblinger

Keblinger

Contrast And Complement...

| Monday, February 20, 2012
Contrast and Complement by Inese Andzane


This shawl pattern is what I would consider the most user friendly and as interchangeable as they come.
This shawl can be knit either top-down or bottom up.
You can use Lace, Fingering, Sport or DK weight yarn.
I love having options when I am knitting a pattern.  Knowing that I can tailor up or down the size makes this shawl pattern really desirable.  For example, I like smaller shawls but I like knowing that when I purchase a pattern like this, I can make it for someone else who may like a larger shawl.  The possibilities are endless!

The next thing that my eyes are drawn to is the striping!  This is not you average four rows of one color and four rows of another color.  This is almost as though the stripes have a wrapping effect that make the piece perfect for a neck or shoulder garment.  For myself, I have chosen a fingering weight shawl in Knit Picks Pallet.  I am really enjoying the color changes and it really knits up fast!


I think this being such a versatile piece, everyone should have one in the queue.  Make sure you have a look at

The pattern is a Ravelry Download for convenience and sells for $6.00 USD. Make sure you go and look at her blog Silver lining knits and see all the fantastic masterpieces she has to offer!


Contrast And Complement receives a 4 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you Inese for donating to the blog!!


Just remember;

“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
~Stephanie~


One lucky person will win a download able pattern! 

As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2. Leave a message on my Blog or Ravelry, tell me what two yarns you would 
use to create your own Contrast and Complement Shawl.

Good luck to you all!

 The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday February 27th

8 comments:

{ twinsetjan } at: February 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM said...

I have some gorgeous Fiber Optic yarns in a variegated fuchsia, deep fuchsia, purple and a solid deep fuchsia. This pattern would be stunning in it!

{ Kathy } at: February 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM said...

Not really sure what brand of yarn, but I love the idea of black and natural together for this stunning shawl!

{ variegatedlife } at: February 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM said...

I love to try new yarns and I've been thinking of trying "Woobu" by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I'm unsure of the colors, but definately 2 solids/semi-solids.

{ lovekitten16 } at: February 23, 2012 at 6:06 AM said...

I am thinking a Currant color wool & and oatmeal colour.. I love those colours together

{ cantorneff.com } at: February 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM said...

I love it in the colors pictured. I rarely make something the same way someone else did, but I know the perfect recipient for exactly that shawl.

{ JoKaren } at: February 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM said...

I love this pattern - and have it in my Ravelry queue. I haven't decided what yarn to use - so many lovely choices - but THINK I will be making it in a teal/aqua combination... but could very well change my mind while standing in front of a wall full of yarn. :)

{ JP } at: February 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM said...

Beautiful pattern. I have Kollage Luscious in Walnut (chococlatey brown) and cherry that would look good together. On the down side I won these in a contest, so I'd have to buy 2 more skeins in order to actually make this.

{ Woodstock } at: February 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM said...

I have some Grignasco Champagne in light blue and deep blue that would be perfect for this great pattern!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews