Keblinger

Keblinger

A Recycled Contest

| Monday, January 16, 2012
Now that I have captured your attention, Lets talk about 2012.  What are you doing to try and recycle or eliminate waste?  This was a question that I was thinking about while the New Years rolled around.  Then came the most practical and intriguing answer, Repurposed yarn!


This weeks review is a challenge and a contest.

Carol who is the owner and designer of the etsy shop Taddie Bee Knitting has given a great slogan name to her products, "Luxury Upcycled Yarn."

That sounds great, but what does that really mean?  Carol was kind enough to explain,

"I like to knit with animal fibers and I get a kick out of finding nice sweaters (like Ann Taylor or Talbots) in thrift stores, unraveling and maybe dying the yarn, and then knitting with it myself or selling it on Etsy. My favorite shops are The Brown Elephant Resale Shop in Chicago and The Ram’s Rack in Boone, NC. Anywhere with cold winters and affluent neighborhoods make for good finds!"

What a great concept for the New Year.  I was thrilled when Carol sent me a skein of 100% Merino wool that was originally an Abercrombie sweater, who would have thought.  The skein contains 110yards/50g and would make the cutest hat or mittens for the January months.

As I said earlier in the post, this is a challenge and a contest.  I challenge you at some time this year to "Upcycle" some of your own yarn or to purchase an Upcycled skein of yarn to do your part.  You may have a few unfinished objects laying around in your project bags that really, when you think about it, are never going to get finished or you have just lost all interest in the current pattern that your needles have been simply used for the purpose of holding your stitches.  Lets get to repurposing the yarn your already have.

Finally, I want to hold a contest for this skein of 'Upscaled Luxury Yarn.'  In order to be entered into the random number generated contest, you need to do 2 simple things. 

1. Become a follower of my blog
2. Please post a comment under today's post, anything. 
  [Even just to tell me that your like the blog.]
Make sure to leave your contact information
The contest starts today January 16th and will end at midnight on January 22nd.  The winner will be announced on Monday January 23rd.  Good Luck to you all!

Taddie Bee Knitting receives a 4 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you Carol for donating to the blog!!
 

Just remember;

“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
~Stephanie~



10 comments:

{ KnitwitTeri } at: January 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM said...

I like your blog and would love to win some of TattieBee's yarn. Good luck, I hope you get lots of followers!
TeriCloth

OkieSister at: January 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM said...

Started recycling sweaters the first of the year. Hubby & I both knit, so this is very economical! And he has so much fun tearing the sweaters apart. Every sweater is a new challenge....

{ Willow } at: January 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM said...

I love your blog! love your knitting! can only hope that I will be able to knit as well as you one day!!
Willow

{ Lisa L } at: January 19, 2012 at 6:29 AM said...

Hi there! I love your blog! I came over from the Yarngasm Ravelry group. I've just started to recycle teeshirts and am planning to try my hand at knitting a a bath mat!

{ suzanne marie } at: January 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

Hi, I have been hearing about you. Very nice so far. I eliminate waste by using the yarn that I buy and I always know what pattern etc it is for.

{ Simply Sitting } at: January 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM said...

What a cute idea...I never thought a recycled yarn could come with "couture credentials"

{ wooliegirl } at: January 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM said...

I love to use old sweaters for "new" yarn and search the racks at Goodwill for them :) So glad others are doing the same and glad I found your blog. (I love to find new and interesting knitting blogs)

{ Amber J. } at: January 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM said...

Loved the blog today! I love Merino yarns!

{ neilsnana } at: January 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM said...

Wow! I just made it! I have never heard of upcycled yarn but I will check it out!

{ Sarah } at: January 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM said...

I have no idea how to follow your blog other than to add you to my favorites, which I have. :) I've always wanted to find a sweater at the thrift store and recycle it bu I haven't fond the right one yet, hopefully one of these days!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews