Keblinger

Keblinger

Knitting Up "Natural"

| Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do I have a taste of natural for you this week!

Sandy is the owner and operator of a small farm in Battle Lake, MN.  She along with her woolly friends are hard at work creating and making natural fiber for spinning and yarn for knitting.  Inspired by lack of money and fabulous knit patterns, she is always trying new blends.  She was gracious enough to send a sampling of her natural yarns.


CVM~Romeldale is a true American Breed.  Developed in the early 1900's by breeding Marsh Romney & Rambouillets.  The result was a well sized dual purpose breed producing fine wool and a respectable butcher lamb.  These sheep were solid in color and were called Romeldales.  In the 1940's a few badger marked lambs were born and that was the beginning of the
CVM (California Variegated Mutant)- they are still Romeldales but the CVM are distinguished by this short story.


This rich dark brown/black worsted wt. with kid mohair, is produced from the solid black romeldales and black angora kids.


A medium gray 100% CVM wool worsted wt., this yarn when knit up is sort of tweedy from the many shades of gray a CVM comes in and from the dark wool from the lower sides, shoulders etc.


An oatmeal colored CVM/Alpaca worsted wt. 3-ply, this is from the morrit CVM's.


Lastly a 'Winter White' fingering wt. 3-ply with nylon added, necessary for the fine wool to survive being knit into a sock!!!

This weeks give away is a "Refer A Friend." 

1. Make sure you are a Follower on My Blog
2. In the comments for this Blog post, let me know who you invited be a follower of my Blog.
3. If they become followers, you and your friend will get an additional entry into the drawing!!

The give away will be open from Sunday 29th thorugh Sunday the 5th.  The winner will be announced on Monday February 6th, good luck all!
So go and tell all your friends!

The winner will be drawn by a random number generator and you will be receiving the 
"Winter White" Sock Wool
Perfect for a new pair of socks


receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


Special thank you again to Sandy for donating to the Blog for this fantastic Yarn Review!
Please make sure you check out all the new things she has in her shop.

9 comments:

{ Renee } at: January 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM said...

I just found your blog by seeing it on the new groups on Rav. Such a wonderful find - To be able to see reviews and learn about new products. Invited my friend Mary through Rav to ck out this blog as well. I look forward to reading many more posts!

{ Willow } at: January 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM said...

I love this blog! love to come here daily and check out all the beautiful projects and new post! Love the wool yarn! Keep on Kitting!!!!!

Anonymous at: January 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM said...

Renee sent me over and I joined the blog-we love knitting socks especially your natural rugged looking lovely yarn-which I adore!!!!!

Anonymous at: February 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM said...

Is there a button to "follow" your blog? I didn't find one. Please enter me in your contest. I invited my friend Joy to check out your blog too.

Jeri
pattern whisperer on rav

{ Hot Pink Socks } at: February 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM said...

To follow the blog, push the button at the top of the Bolg that says "foloow". Thanks All

Anonymous at: February 2, 2012 at 4:35 AM said...

I found your blog through ravelry - I am inviting my sister to follow you as well - keep up the good work -

Anonymous at: February 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM said...

I can't find the follow button - it must be a seek and find - : )

{ Deb } at: February 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM said...

I was invited into the Ravelry group/this blog by Hot Pink Socks, herself. If I could find the "follow" button, I sure would follow along...Great blog, by the way!

{ Deb } at: February 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...

Found it!! Now following...

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews