Keblinger

Keblinger

The Best Fit Sweater

| Tuesday, January 24, 2012
I have been searching for what I would call "The Best Fits Sweater" for a while now.  I was looking around on Ravelry and was not really finding anything jumping out at me.  Then it presented its self, it is the



This sophisticated sweater is unlike anything that I have ever knit.  I was intrigued from the cast on to the bind off and finishing of buttons.  The pattern was easy to read and the measurements were right on.  As I would finish one piece of the sweater, it was almost as though I had to race to get the next one cast on.  I watched this master piece unfold in front of my eyes.  I loved every minute of the knitting adventure! 

Dolcehandknits is the name of Kim's design collection.  She has several trendy and classic looking patterns.  The pattern was reasonable priced at $7.00 for the download.  This would also make a great addition to all of you who are participating in  "The Year of Sweaters."  So many of the pod casters and my friends on Ravelry have been talking about this being the year that they want to knit up some sweaters. 
Here are a few photos that one of my friends so graciously took of me in the sweater. 
 (I'm not as cute as the model, but this is what it looks like on me.)


I would put this at the top of the Queue for sure.  It would actually make a nice gifted pattern for someones birthday.  The pattern allows for several sizes to fit a wide variety of body shapes. 
 [35", 37", 39.75", 40.25", 43", 45", 47.75"]

I was more than pleased when I chose to stick with the recommended yarn for this particular project.  Kim knit her original pattern using Plymouth Yarn, Baby Alpaca Ampato
The drape and the sheen that this yarn knits up into is nothing like I have in my collection of hand knits.  She really took the time to consider how the sweater would flow and move with a 100% Baby Alpaca. 

It is really hard for me to take it off, I find my self using this gorgeous sweater as my new go to.  Dress it up with a pair of heals or dress it down with my favorite, a pair of blue jeans and boots. 

Kim also has a Ravelry group that she has set up so that if you are in need of asking her a question, she is more than happy to help you out. 
receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

Thank you again to Kim for the donation of the pattern to the Blog!



1 comments:

{ suzanne marie } at: January 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM said...

Your sweater came out lovely and looks awesome on you!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews