Keblinger

Keblinger

Evermore Studios Presents

| Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Sugar Baby Sock Yarn
I have not had this much fun with 2 skeins of sock yarn in a long time.  I am such an avid sock knitter and love how quick they knit up.  I was graciously sent this yarn for the review by Lori,
(the link is to her Ravelry page).
Lori finds herself tickled with the idea of color, color, and more color!  When she sent me the 2 skeins of sugar baby sock yarn, I was instantly drawn to two things.  The first was the color, she sent me her version of Pistachio, the color was beautifully died and the name was a true fit.  Secondly, as I was holding the fiber in my hands I could not get over how squishy & soft the yarn was! I know that most superwash merino yarns seem to be similar, I don't know what her trick is but this feels amazing!


The yarn came in Sealed bags.  I don't know about you all, but I was really pleased with this simple idea.  We all have varying sizes of stashed yarn and we don't always get to them as soon as we might have hoped.  So when I realized her packaging was heat sealed, storing the yarn was not longer a worry about moths or dust. (Excellent Idea Lori!)

Each skein contains approximately~400 yards (366 meters)
~100 grams (3.53 ounces)
~US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm
~Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)

Her choice in color changes through out the yarn is a seamless flow.
All of her yarns are so vibrant in the coloring of each skein, check out her etsy shop for yourself.

I chose a pattern that would use up all of the yarn I was given.  I loved the flow and character of the
Vortex-Shawl because it can be used as a traditional shawl/wrap or I though it would make for a really unique baby blanket.  I used both skeins of yarn and knit until the project was as large as I could make it.  I love the simple lace pattern swirl that increases from the center of the shawl.  Take a look and see for yourself.



This yarn felt so great and almost effortless as I did my shawl as my evening TV knitting.  I forget how great sock yarn can be for other projects besides socks.  Every one look through your favorite tabs in your projects and splurge on some fantastic yarn!

Thank you to my BFF Hilary who was my beautiful Model.
Thank you as well to Lori for donating to the blog for the review.

Please make sure you all go and visit her shop!
Evermore Studios receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews