Keblinger

Keblinger

Chris [A Name, or A Yarn?]

| Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Chris just happens to be my husbands name, so when I came about a yarn line that was called the same, I just had to try it!

Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
Yardage/ 215 yards (197 m)
Unit Weight/ 112 grams
Gauge/ 18.0 sts= 4inc.
Fibers/ 80% Merino & 20% Nylon
Needle Size/ 7 us- 4.5mm

When my package arrived in the mail it was all I could do to not stand in the post office and rub this yarn all over my face and arms.  Now I know we all have our own favorite 'go-to-yarn' when it comes to yarn-to-skin contact, but I am telling you, this yarn is now going to be that 'go-to' for me! 

I was sent two skeins of Chris in the color way 'Emily Post.'  The name of the yarn is so fitting, it's a soft lavender that pours into a dusty pink and ends with what I would call 'Georga Peach'!  I new in an instant this yarn needed to be knit into something for a little girl.  I chose a very simple pattern to show off the soft changes in the colors.  Ribbed-Baby-Jacket by; Debbie Bliss is a basic pattern that should be in every ones queue, when you have a baby shower to attend and you want to present the mother-to-be with something hand made and gifted with love. 


It has been a while sense I used an Aran weight yarn and I typically stick to lighter yarn but to my delight, I had an entire weekend to myself with this yarn.  Knitting was a joy as the yarn glided through my fingers,  my gauge was right on!  I must say that the gauge amazement was totally due to the fantastic base that was used for this yarn.  Everything was spun so nice and even....yum!
I ended up having a bit of extra yarn so I quickly knit a hat to go with, a great favorite of mine,    Susan B. Anderson, Bunny Tail.


Schaefer Yarn Co. has a winner with the 'Chris' yarn.  This yarn retails for about $25.00 and is worth every penny!  Chris yarn comes in an ever changing color pallet.  From brights to pastell and theme colors in between, you are sure to find a skein or two that will tickle your fancy.  For those of you who are in my neck of the woods, Kentucky area that is, this yarn can be found at a cute little yarn boutique in Elizabethtown, KY. Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needle Works stop in and ask for Luna, the shop owner.  I'm warning you, once you go in to her adorable shop, I am no longer responsible for how much time or yarn you take home.


 
Thank you to Schaefer Yarn Co. for donating to the blog for a yarn review.  Get on line today and pick up a skein or two of this yarn for your fall projects!


Schaefer Yarn Company "Chris" receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~




1 comments:

{ MicheleStitches } at: September 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

I love how the colors knitted up evenly distributed in your projects instead of weird pooling that sometimes happens. Your hat looks almost as if you stranded multiple yarns to get that cool diagonal colorwork effect!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews