Keblinger

Keblinger

Knit, Swirl! by Sandra McIver

| Friday, August 5, 2011
I have the privilege of reviewing Knit Swirl in all its knitterly glory. 

~Presentation~
I was so excited to get my hands on this book as soon as it came out.  First off, it is defiantly a technique book.  I love learning new ways of adapting my current knitting skills or even just thinking about it in a different way.  Each pattern is illustrated with diagrams that give specific, step-by-step instructions towards your finished project.  I was also interested in the specificity of each step as she guides you through the process.



~Taste~
The photography that displays each of these gorgeous knitted items is off the charts.  The way she has captured each rich color in her knitted garment is paired with the complementing terrain for the finished photo.  I know as a knitter, a good pattern will inevitably draw me in with a dynamic photo.


~Ambiance~
I would recommend this book to people with a basic knowledge of knitting and for those who want to enhance the way they construct a garment!  With all of the patterns featured in this book you are sure to find one to suite your flair.  If you are like me, you will have a hard time narrowing down what pattern you are going to start on first.  Sandra McIver has set the bar quite high for her first publishing.  I can only imagine what the next book will hold for her.

Knit Swirl receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews